Sunday, January 28, 2018

Stash Tally Update

I have a few projects to share, but I never seem to get around to taking photos.  They'll come eventually.

In the mean time, I have done some reorganising today, so I thought it an appropriate time to update my tally.  I was going to do it at the end of the month anyway, so this is near enough.

At the beginning of the month my fabric total was 441 including 8.5 metres on order.  That order is still waiting, so we'll call the total 432.5

On Friday I went looking to buy 3 metres of fabric because I didn't really have anything suitable for an upcoming project.  I was hoping that The Clearance Table Gods would be favouring me.  Well, was I in for a treat!!  They had this stretch pinstripe fabric for $5, less 30%, so $3.50 per metre!  I decided on 10 metres just to be sure.


After bringing that home and adding it to my database, my total was at 432.3!  Clearly I'd used 10 metres in the last few weeks.

After today's sorting out, I've added a total of 8.8 metres (fabrics I already had but weren't in the database), and I also adjusted some fabrics which I'd used previously but hadn't marked off.

My new total is 434.6 metres, so the net effect of updating is only 2.3 metres difference.  Given that my overall total is now only this amount up and I've bought 10 metres, I'm counting it as a successful month, even if it's not exactly on target.

Talking about targets.  Following a comment online somewhere, I worked out that if I'm to live until I'm 90 (not unreasonable with my family history) I'll need to use approx 20 metres each year to use it all up before I die.  This is very achievable!  So that is my goals for the year: to have 20 metres less than I started with.  A little more measurable than "have less".

And in other news, I need to lift my t-shirt sewing game I think, because one of my favourite t-shirts has officially died.  This hole in the front is just a little too big to be wearable. On the plus side, I had tried to trace a pattern off it before but didn't think it was very good, now I can take it apart and make a pattern to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...