Sunday, January 21, 2018

Agnes, Amagnes, AmaZgnes!!

I've been trying to make a t-shirt for a while now.  And I mean a good, well fitting t-shirt.  It's tricky when you have boobs.  T-shirt patterns are flat, boobs are not.  A full bust adjustment on a pattern creates a dart, I don't want a darted shirt.  There are ways to get rid of the dart and I'd been trying them, but I was also struggling to get sleeves to fit nicely on me and the shirt to sit well around my belly.

I finally tried the Halla Agnes pattern.  My first muslin was a good start but needed changing.  I had to add to the waist/torso length, which I'm thinking I should be doing to most patterns since I'm at least 1" taller than they seem to be drafted for.  I also wasn't really happy with the sleeve, they are drafted to be on the fold, so the same front and back.  I swapped out another sleeve from a pattern I made last year, which was better.  Eventually I got it to fit nice enough to use good fabric.

The fabric I chose just sat so nicely, I was in love instantly!  Wore this for the first time to a New Year's Eve party.


Now that I loved the shape of the body so much, I decided to work on it some more so I could make lots of shirts.  My t-shirt drawer still has some maternity wear in it so it definitely needs a refresh!

Halla had a pattern sale, so I picked up the Amanda. I love the yoke neckline (in the main picture) and a lot of people have been mashing it with the Agnes.  I put these sleeves, and the V neckline onto my Agnes and came up with this:
I've since realised that this one is a bit longer.  Will get around to shortening because I prefer the length of the pink one.  I'm *still* not happy with the sleeve, but I will fiddle that another day.  Just a little too much fabric at the front when I put my arms down (you can't see it in this photo).

So I have now nicknamed this pattern my Amazgnes, because it is an Amanda/Agnes cross (Amagnes) and it's AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...